Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Turkey Cornbread Meatloaf

In the middle of the summer I start craving food that would normally be served at Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. Kind of strange, I know! Since buying a turkey and making a Thanksgiving dinner would be costly and probably seem a little strange to my family, I decided to come up with a meatloaf recipe that would taste like Thanksgiving! This could be served with cranberries and mashed sweet potatoes.


Ingredients
Serves 4
1 Pound Ground Turkey
1 C of Cornbread Mix (I use Jiffy)
3 Slices White Bread cut into squares
3 T butter
1/4 C Green Apple Chopped
1/2 T Onion Powder (if you like onions, diced onions should be substituted here)
2 t Parsley

1. Slice the bread into small squares about the size of croutons.

2. Peel and dice 1/3 Cup of green apple.

3. In a large pan melt 3 T of butter and put in the bread, apple, onion power and parsley. If you like onion and celery, I think these would be great ingredients to add and should be put into the pan at this time. Allow this to saute over medium low heat until bread becomes slightly brown and apples are tender. I usually allow this to cook over low heat for 10 or so minutes while I am preparing the mashed sweet potatoes that I serve along side the meatloaf.



4. In a large bowl, combine the bread mixture and cornbread mix.





5. Combine by hand and place into a greased loaf pan. I sprinkled extra onion powder and parsley on top. Bake at 400 for 35-40 minutes.







2 comments:

Coupons For Medifast said...

Thanks for a great turkey recipe, can't wait to try, I have to go and see if my grocer has any ground turkey.

Jenn - Dishes said...

I'm wishing a prosperous 2011 to all. Happy new year!

Related Posts with Thumbnails