Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Shrimp Cocktail


Ingredients: 1 pound cooked, peeled shrimp with the tails on or off.
1/4 C Cilantro
3 T Fresh Lemon Juice
Tiny bit of a Purple Onion(buy the smallest one you can find)
2 T Cocktail Sauce
1 T Chili Sauce
1 Avocado diced
1 Large Tomato
1/4 t Garlic Powder
1/4 t Onion Powder
1/2 T Kosher Salt
Additional Kosher Salt to taste
Juice the lemon. Start with one and see if you need the other.
Wash shrimp and cut off the tails if you bought them with the tails on. It would be easier to buy them with them off...I apparently don't like to go the easy route?
Throw them in a large bowl.

Dice up the tomatoes.
Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Next, take a spoon and scoop out the "meat". Dice it up and throw it in.
Add the freshly squeezed lemon juice from earlier.

Add the cocktail sauce.

Add the chili sauce.


Chop the cilantro.

Add the chopped cilantro.
As you can see, I did not do that great of a job chopping the cilantro. I don't mind the big pieces! I also add a few slices of the purple onion. I don't care for raw onions, so I leave them big so I don't eat them. They should not be left out though, because they add a much needed flavor.

Mix it all together.

And here you have it... a delicious appetizer. Serve with warm tortilla chips and extra lemon!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails